Thanksgiving Prayer

    Lord, I thank you for everything you've given me. Thank You for a Christian family, parents who love me, brothers, sisters-in-law, nephews, nieces, a brother-in-law, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, for Poco, a car that runs well, fires on cold mornings, money for all our needs and more, food, never going hungry, good health and protection from disease and danger, laughter, a good job, favor in my bosses' eyes, kind bosses, a comfortable home, a church where I hear solid preaching and worship every week, protection from marrying all the wrong men, meaningful conversations with people, being accepted into WTS despite not having a Bachelors, for all the rich learning and every class and faculty member, good books, small groups, new friends, old friends, trees, sunsets, the beautiful place I live, walks down the road, chocolate chip cookies, snuggles and stories with Anna, nail polish, Your Word, my unchanging identity, being chosen by You, having Your Spirit in me, clarity regarding ministry, humiliation that leads to humility, pictures, new countertops, pretty dresses, the right word at the right time, special ornaments, a godly heritage, music, podcasts, audio sermons and Bibles, clarity, wisdom, that I live for a Person who will keep every promise He's ever made, clean laundry, sunlight through windows, bouquets, toddler pudge, dancing, pain that takes me to You, purpose, peace, all of Your attributes, Your patience, Your kindness, Jesus' example, commentaries, the ability to walk, La Croix, Costco, sweet teenage girls, Amazon, a front porch and back patio, a computer that works well, different translations of Your Word, freedom to live out my faith, good coworkers and good conversations with them, loneliness that points out Your presence, hope - for the future and for eternity with You, the promise of Revelation 21, the comfort you give, jackets on cold days, tank tops and shorts on hot days, AC and heat, pretty rugs, jewelry, puzzles, hot chocolate, conviction, the Holy Spirit's prayers for me, having Domino for 12.5 years, the gift of writing, journals and handwritten cards, every little kindness from another person, a smile from a stranger, redemption of painful and broken things, good sleep, bad sleep and talking to You in the night, cute animals, beautiful architecture, Bible studies, mist, fog, dew, naps, cold milk, running water, that I'll never truly be alone, that You never change, that You allow suffering for good purposes, that You are trustworthy, wholly worth following, better than every good thing, that You do satisfy and won't let me be satisfied with less, that You will complete the good work You started in me and every Christian around me, that You are working in a million ways we cannot see, that every wrong will be made right, that there is hope for relationships and circumstances to improve, that wherever I am in life is because You foreordained it, that You forgive, that You don't see me as I see me, for Your love that I am unable to even understand. 

     Thank you, Lord, for these things and so much more. 




Comments

Popular Posts