God is good

     God is good. It's the thought I keep coming back to. I think about what's stressing me out and who's bumming me out and then I remember that my life is a good one because God is good. Period, end of story. I've noticed lately that a lot of the time, whether it's intentional or not, we make our lives and the situations in them seem worse than they really are. If we are dealing with THREE stressful things instead of just one or two, we blow everything out of proportion and throw the adult equivalent of a toddler-tantrum.

     As the years go by, I realize more and more that God actually doesn't owe us anything. He doesn't owe us friends, He doesn't owe us money, He doesn't owe us a pretty life, and yet we have the audacity to be upset and ungrateful when we don't get whatever we were never promised or entitled to in the first place.

     Life may not always be "good" by whatever standard we incorrectly judge it by, but it is beyond good if we walk closely with God, love Him, fear Him, and serve Him joyfully and wholeheartedly. It is such a privilege to be chosen by Him, to do His work, and to live in the light of His promises and assurance of His love for us.

     This isn't a very deep or lengthy thought, but it's the one that keeps coming to mind these days and the truth of it fills me with peace and hope on a lot of days that would otherwise be discouraging.

   

Comments

Popular Posts