Two Things

It's been a season of great happiness. But if I'm honest, it's been one of bittersweetness and sadness, too. I am truly happy and excited for the future, but sometimes I can't help but feel sad, knowing that so much is changing, people are moving on, and a lot of relationships and circumstances can't stay the same.

But, back to happiness, because there's a lot of it lately. I'm thankful for this season and for God giving me joy and contentment. There is no peace as wonderful as the peace of simply resting in Him and trusting His promises.

My bro got me roses on Valentine's Day. 

I'm more and more thankful for these girls. They are my sisters.

We took a road trip to St. Louis together and made the best memories. K and I stayed up until 3:00 a.m. talking, which did my heart good. 

What a huge privilege to meet Chris Botti. His musicianship is nothing short of inspiring.

Day at the zoo. 
 Sweet cousin Isaac!

Family dinners are up there on the list of my favorite things.

This is one of Daniel's calves who had to be bottle-fed. He would stand at the fence and cry whenever we went by. He's even cuter in person.

1st place in a TP wedding dress contest. That happened.
So I planned and coordinated some friends' wedding in April. We started working on it in December, and it was a great feeling to see all of our hard work pay off in the form of a pretty perfect day. The Lord was really pouring down the blessings on April 22nd, let me tell you.

I probably talk about it too much, but I'm so thankful for big brothers. I love them.


M came over and helped plant flowers. Life with him is the sweetest.





"Gratitude changes everything"

I've been keeping these words on my mind, reminding myself of them often. Gratefulness puts things into perspective. Even change, getting "left behind," and new trials are not so bad when cloaked in gratefulness. 

My prayer lately:
Two things I request of You
(Deprive me not before I die):
Remove falsehood and lies far from me;
Give me neither poverty nor riches - 
Feed me with the food allotted to me;
Lest I be full and deny You,
And say, "Who is the Lord?"
Or lest I be poor and steal,
And profane the name of my God.

Proverb 30: 7-9

Comments

Popular Posts