12 | 25 | 2014


It's been the loveliest Christmas Eve and Christmas day that I can remember. I never want to forget it. In no particular order, I'm thankful for:
  • Hot chocolate!
  • All 8 (!) of us around the table, eating brunch and talking about the movie we had seen the night before, "Unbroken." Togetherness is underrated.
  • All the plenty. We have been given so. much. It overwhelms me to think about how much we have compared to most of the world. And watching Unbroken was a great reminder of that. We don't even know the meaning of the word suffer. 
  • Gifts. I am fully aware that they're not what Christmas is about, but I've loved buying gifts this year, and I love the gifts I was given. The wrapping paper, the bows, the excitement of stacking them under the tree…ahhhh. Again - so much plenty.
  • Laughter. We watched the new Tim Hawkins DVD today and laughed until our faces hurt. 
  • Peace. Life is not always peaceful. Relationships aren't always peaceful. I don't want to take peace for granted.
  • Food. The gloriousness of it is multiplied on holidays. 
  • Christmas Eve service at Parish Pres. What a great church and a great service. 
  • A new sister-in-law and nephew. It's the first Christmas with both of them. *heart*
  • Not being sick. I felt a cold coming on days leading up to Christmas, but oddly enough, didn't actually get a cold! 
  • Music. It's enriched this Christmas season more than I can say. 



Comments

Popular Posts