Love Will Be Enough For Us

 We'll build a little cabin on a really tall hill
                                      Plant a little garden, pray for every meal
                                             And we'll grow and we'll grow
                                        
We'll be living out where the river bends
                                 Where the grass gets green and the highway ends
                             Livin' easy where it's you and me baby and the daffodils
                                          Kids growing up in the rolling hills
And love will be enough for us

(New favorite song! Joe Moralez's version is the best.)

     Boy, has there been a lot going on lately. Rehearsals for a big Christmas service, parties and dinners and a concert, feasts, days of cooking and wrapping presents, opening said presents and watching movies with the family, participating in the big Christmas service, having people over and going to people's houses, eating the best brunch I've ever had at Nana's house, going to a concert of The Messiah in Nashville, saying goodbye to a good many people, and more.

     I'm not even going to try to fix all the grammatical errors in that terribly long sentence.

     This definitely is the busiest time of year for us. I feel like right now, we're making history and making memories. This is what my memories are going to be of. This life full of being with family and friends, doing important things, and thinking a lot about how we live and the futures we'll have. It seems like not a day goes by that I don't spend time thinking about everything that is happening - and everything that will happen in the not-too-distant future.

     I've had several relatives ask me recently who I'm interested in, because there's got to be someone, right?! And do I want a career? What will that career be? Oh you don't know yet - there's still time. (Btw, try telling people that you think college is a business and a lot of the time they just want to make money. That one goes over really well.) All of these questions and people whispering about my future and everybody bringing up the fact that I could be married soon are really bringing home the fact that I'm not a kid anymore, but rather an adult who has to speak for herself and have ready answers to hard and unpleasant questions. And it's preferable that I do all of this while being a nice human being. *sigh* ;)

     I hope this doesn't sound like complaining. It's not as bad as it sounds. Life is awesome!

     One of my favorite things about this fall and winter is the new friends we've made. Spending a couple of hours every week singing with people has allowed us to really become friends, and work together towards something. It's been awesome. And along with making some wonderful new friends, it's struck me this season how many friends I have. I've always been the girl who doesn't want more than 2 friends at a time. I don't need them! I already have 2 great people to talk to! But I'm beginning to realize that that isn't true, and it's perfectly okay to have more than a couple of friends. And I love them all! It turns out that the more friends you have, the more love in your heart you have. Who knew?

     Well, this post isn't really going anywhere. It's just that SO much is happening right now, and I want to write about at least a little bit of it.

     Here's to 2014, which I know will hold a lot of incredible things.

   

Comments

Popular Posts