"I'm just going to write because I cannot help it."

Charlotte Bronte and I have this in common. Speaking of her, Jane Eyre is one of the best books E.V.E.R. I loved it so much that I got a hardback copy for my birthday. It may be my most prized book. She had a brilliant mind and Jane Eyre left me starving for more stories such as hers. It is one work that I truly believe is a classic. The Great Gatsby? I see no reason why it has the honor of being labeled as such. But Jane Eyre? Just yes.

Anyway, that wasn't how I was planning on starting this post, but I always find a way to include my favorite book in conversation, so that's that.

I was somewhat frustrated to realize that my best writing evolves from either extreme happiness or extreme heartache. When life is normal, turning thoughts into written words is way harder than it should be. Why is this?!? I wish it weren't so.

But. When I'm experiences one of the extremes, and it produces a blog post, email, or letter, I pour my whole heart into it. And several people have told me that they cry when they read my writings. Gosh, I love them and don't want them to be upset, but this is wondrous news! My writing affected someone! (S)he liked it enough to read to the end! Praise be!

Lately I have had highs and lows, but they've all settled down and life is back to being pretty normal. I'm about to begin my last year of high school. Sometimes I can believe this and sometimes I cannot. I'm a senior? It's about time! But wait -- that means I'm basically an adult. Scary thoughts, y'all. Scary thoughts.

In the mean time, I'll keep writing in the form of journaling. I've journaled since I was nine, and I can't stop. I'm not even sure I can put into words why I love journaling so much and why I've never quite. Quitting isn't even an option right now. Even though I have people to talk to about life, I still must write about it.

Who knows? My hope is that in 100 years, at least one descendant will read my words and be glad I wrote them.

Comments

EmmaElaine said…
Just so you know, I'm always made very happy when I find a new post on here. :) I love reading them.

Love forever,
~Emma

Popular Posts