The year (er, day?) in which I grow up

Today is my birthday, and it's been a different one, to say the least.

You know how, when you're young, your birthday is the most magical day of the year? I mean, it's amazing, even if it's not, right? But then as you get older, it gets less and less magical and just becomes another day in which you might do something a little special and receive a few sweet and thoughtful gifts. Not bad, just different!

Well, I guess my childhood is over, because for the last few years the "magic" hasn't been there. I still get excited about being a year older, but don't really have the "ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN TODAY AND THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIIIIIIIFE" attitude.

So yeah, owning a new age just has me thinking about adulthood. This is the day I also activated my debit card! *tap tap* My debit card. Debit cards are for grown ups.

Today was also the day my brother moved to a different state! (See last post.) And with him went my parents, in order to help him get settled and whatnot. Needless to say, having the day of my birth not centered around, well, me...has been a growing up experience, as well. I'm really grateful for all of these things. They're not all strawberries and whipped cream, but they've been great learning experiences.

3 minutes until the clock strikes twelve! It's been a good day. I'm thankful for my still so young and carefree age. And for my debit card, too.

Comments

Popular Posts