Charles Dickens says it best

     It's the best of times, it's the worst of times.

     Change is in the air! Change is good. But most of the time, it kind of stinks, too. New territory is being explored by those I know and love best, and while it's amazing and beautiful and wonderful, it's also a little sad.

     My oldest brother is moving away. He found a good job in another state and this is what he must do. I'm so happy for him. I'm excited that he has this opportunity and I'm eager to see what God has planned for his future. We've all been praying that he would find a good job, and now our prayers are answered.

     But me and my selfish self are really sad. We're randomly sitting on our bed crying because we'll miss him. We can't think about the fact that he won't be here for family milestones, for birthdays, for those moments when we need to run in his room and tell him something completely unimportant as soon as possible. We've even gotten emotional when we think about how he won't dance with us in the kitchen anymore.

     Things will be different. And it's going to be rough at first. Having siblings that I can talk to, laugh with, be completely honest with; it means so much. These 3 people are my very favorites. They get it. They get me. We just get each other in ways that no one else ever will. Even though our relationships aren't always reflecting the fruits of the Spirit, I know that we love each other immensely and that God gave me the greatest siblings in the world. Perhaps cheesy to say, but oh so true.

     So, while my heart may feel like it's breaking, and while I may cry my eyes out a lot in the next few weeks, GOD IS SO GOOD! He didn't have to give me Chris for an incredible older brother, but He did. And thinking about how richly He's blessed me just knocks my socks off.


Comments

Popular Posts