The Air We Breathe - a book review





     I tried to like this book…I really did. Unlike some of my favorite reads, I could never latch on and feel attached to any of the characters. To be honest, most of them weren't even likable. There was a depth that was lacking. The story line seemed to have a lot of potential, but all in all it felt as if something was missing.

    The Air We Breathe is interesting in that each chapter goes back and forth between different people in different years. I must admit to being pretty confused for the first half of the book.  Another thing that was a major turnoff for me was the lack of Christianity and everything it entails. Sure, there were mentions of it throughout, but for being a Christian book, there was a lack of strong and convicting material.

     I am extremely open to reading more books by Christa Parrish. However, The Air We Breathe may be a one time read for me.



Comments

Popular Posts