Books I read in 2012


  1. The Joy of Fearing God - Jerry Bridges
  2. Biblical Economics - R.C. Sproul Jr.
  3. The Holiness of God - R.C. Sproul
  4. First Ladies - Margaret Truman
  5. Wordsmithy - Douglas Wilson
  6. The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
  7. The Discipline of Grace - Jerry Bridges
  8. Grace Unknown - R.C. Sproul
  9. Homesick - Jean Fritz
  10. A Lion to Guard Us - Clyde Robert Bulla 
  11. Till We Have Faces - C.S. Lewis
  12. Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins
  13. Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
  14. It's (Not That) Complicated - Anna Sofia & Elizabeth Botkin
  15. Eternity in Our Hearts - R.C. Sproul Jr.
  16. The Roots of Endurance - John Piper
  17. Leonardo da Vinci - Emily Hahn
  18. The Endless Steppe - Esther Hautzig
  19. The Girl From Montana - Grace Livingston Hill
  20. The Hawk and the Jewel - Lori Wick
  21. Simple Gifts - Lori Copeland
  22. The Call to Wonder - R.C. Sproul
  23. To Love This Life - Helen Keller
  24. One Blood - Ham, Wieland, Batten
  25. Wings of the Morning - Lori Wick
  26. Who Brings Forth the Wind - Lori Wick 
  27. The Knight and the Dove - Lori Wick 
  28. Technopoly - Neil Postman
  29. To Win Her Heart - Karen Witemeyer
  30. The Codes of Hammurabi and Moses - W.W. Davies
  31. Against the Tide - Elizabeth Camden
  32. In the Shadow of Plenty - George Grant
  33. The Hospitality Commands - Alexander Strauch
  34. The Air We Breath - Christa Perrish
I read many wonderful books this year! From theological to even a few children's books, I enjoyed almost all of them. 

I read Jerry Bridges writings for the first time. I LOVED them. He has such a simple yet convicting way of saying things. I'm looking forward to reading them again soon, and hopefully getting more books written by him!

Of course, I went with the masses and read The Hunger Games series. And of course, I really liked them. I found them thoroughly entertaining, and as a bonus, they were the subject of discussion with friends and caused me to think about my convictions, why we do what we do, wrong vs. right, etc. I'll always take more of that!

Technopoly was both amazing and frustrating at the same time. Neil Postman has some darn good points and I completely agree with him. BUT, he isn't a Christian and it is quite evident at times.

As far as fiction goes, Against the Tide is my favorite book of 2012. I was truly sad when I had finished it. I just adored, well, everything about it. 

Wordsmithy. Oh, Wordsmithy. I've read you at least 3 times and I will continue to read you for the rest of my life. So good. So many wonderful lessons in this one. Go buy it - now.

And these are just a few thoughts about a few of the books I read! In 2013 I hope to focus on the classics. I've heard so much about many of them and I can't wait to read these extraordinary works of art.

Comments

Popular Posts