Against the Tide - a book review


      As I skim over the reviews already written for this book, I try to think of something that someone has not already said. This historical fiction novel has been praised and applauded, and I stand with the hundreds of people who sing its praises.

     Against the Tide captured my heart and made me attached to each imperfect yet intriguing character. I felt what they felt and thought what they thought. Unlike most sappy and unrealistic novels, this book has romance without the cheese. One of my favorite things about Against the Tide is that it isn't merely a romance novel. The two main characters, Bane and Lydia, are fighting for something that they believe in, yet they are real people with real problems.

     I absolutely loved how each character was portrayed. I loved all of the twists and turns, the witty conversations, and the subtle way in which Lydia comes to share Bane's passion and faith.

     Against the Tide is a book I will no doubt read time and time again. But for now, my family has to listen to me mourn the fact that I've reached its end.

**Many thanks to Bethany House Publishers for allowing me to review this book**

Comments

Popular Posts