Wow.

I've been thinking about the power of words today. The little, seemingly insignificant words that we say to one another.

People have no idea just how long their words will be remembered. We are probably all oblivious to the fact that when we say something, people hear us, and they can either be hurt and depressed by our comments, or encouraged by them.  In the last 24 hours I've been brought incredibly low by one person's one remark, then incredibly encouraged my another person's one remark. Both times reminded me that I have the ability to do great harm, but I also have the ability to do great good.

I don't need to discourage friends and family with my words. Nor do I need to doubt, humiliate, or make fun of them.


I'm reminded that I need to carefully think about what I'm going to say before I say it. Could it discourage someone? Embarrass him? Then I shouldn't say it.

Something for me to think about. :)

Comments

This is something for all of us to think about. It is very good advice :)

Popular Posts