On this cold and drizzly afternoon...

     Writer's block. Such a horrible thing. I'm experiencing quite a bit of it this week. I have to write a book report for school, and the words just aren't flowing like I need them to. I enjoyed reading the book and I love to write, so why am I experiencing this dilemma? I'm inclined to think that it's because I just don't have anything to say about the book! I can write when I'm passionate about something, or when something's been on my mind. But this? Its very hard for me. I'm not extremely creative, and writing about something that I don't have much of an opinion on is stressful.

     So, I'm taking a break from staring at my page long book report on WordPad to get this out. This little voice inside me that always has something to say, however unimportant or important it is. I think I'll take this opportunity to ramble, and hopefully by the end of this rant I'll be inspired to give my book report another try.

     Several weeks ago I saw a tutorial online on how to curl your hair by sleeping with mini buns all over your head. So, last night after letting my long, thick, annoying hair air dry a bit, I twisted and pinned, twisted and pinned until all of my locks were up. It looked a little ridiculous, but thankfully it wasn't painful to sleep with. Hoping for the best, this morning I unraveled each bun, then pulled them apart until I had a head full of curls. They weren't (and aren't) perfect, but I like having crazy hair and doing something different. I get this desire every once in a while to have either huge, curly hair, or an afro. Not because they're attractive, but because having wild hair is fun, not to mention funny. My family laughs at my "afrotastic-ness."

     Well, its time to hit the books again. Or in this case, the evil, white screen staring back at me. If I feel it's decent, I just might post my book report on here.

Comments

Popular Posts