The smell of bacon is wafting through the house.

Several weeks ago, I looked at ginormous container of food after ginormous container of food at a gathering. And for a split second, I felt really ashamed that we were stuffing ourselves like we were, while a lot of the world spends most of their time just looking and working for food.

Ever since, I can't stop thinking about how incredibly blessed we are to have a pantry and refrigerators full of food. It's right at our fingertips, literally. And the worst part? We actually have the nerve to turn our noses up at foods we'd rather not have.

I can't stop thinking about what it would be like to not have an over-abundance of fresh and delicious food. It's definitely something that I've taken for granted. I now have a goal of stopping and really thanking God that the thought of starving has never even entered our minds.

I smell bacon right now. And we didn't have to go hunting for it, worry about whether or not we'd have any meat this week, nor did we hope and pray that it would be enough. Wow.

Comments

Popular Posts