"Today I choose joy"

     I love how I can be freaking out about the future, and as soon as I tell myself, "Hey, it's already taken care of! God knows what's going to happen." my freaking out subsides and I'm a-okay with everything. That is just awesome, y'all. I make a lot of mistakes, and even when I don't make mistakes, I still have a tendency to stress and worry. But it always goes away when I realize that life is already planned out and God already knows what's going to happen to me. (Or people I worry and stress about.) That's exciting, and relieving, and kinda makes me want to dance!

     Lately I've been dealing with a lot of distress over a situation beyond my control. It's made more than one person in the family cry, let me tell you. With situations like this, we do everything we can to change things and to change people. We confront, talk, even beg. We try to save someone from something extremely harmful to him/her, but they don't seem to see the harm. We do it all out of love, but they don't seem to see the love, either. It's tough. It's…beyond tough.

    And you know what? There's something I've come to understand more than once in the last 6 months. I have NO ability to change people. I can intercede, I can warn, I can even beg, but I just don't have the power to change them. So instead of worrying (my specialty!) and trying to get through to someone, I will pray. I know God hears us and He answers. 

Comments

Popular Posts